Monday, October 6, 2008

Saturday Night

Word on the street was some hip new Dj the Gas Lamp Killer was coming so the lady and I bought tickets and went out for an enjoyable evening of music with the Leeder-Villans. I made a couple of ruff, boozey sketches over the course of the evening. Started with a few pre-drinks at Kyle and Ryan's as we gathered crew, then over to Chey's house for a fatty and some gin.
Then walked over to the club. Had a couple foe the road.
It was some new place called Deville's which is suposed to be a hell/satan theme club, but is just really lame shit hole filled with wanna be rocker billy weirdos, up tight bouncers and expensive drinks. Very good sound quality though.

There's a volcano on the d-floor.

I noticed this guy witha massive afro wandering about and drew him, turns out he was the DJ and this was all I'd see of him . The booze is taking hold by this point and pen skills are gong out thw window. There was a support band that was pretty good.By now things were starting to get a bit blurry....



While waiting for the main act to come on I was chilling on the d-floor with the homies when an over zealous, latent homosexual bouncer snuck up on me, threw me in a head lock and frog marched me outside for no better reason than being drunk in a club for crying out loud.

Efforts to regain entry were to no avail so I went home and made a giant omelette and a cup of tea.

3 comments:

Mira said...

no good dirty rotten bastards

Jessie said...

This is inspiring, you actually draw them while you're out! I'm going to have to get a notebook to carry with me everywhere...

jesus said...

Notes books are fun and good for frazzeled people like me